Monday, September 27, 2010

Pizza Face and Skull Head Do MICE

[10/15/10] Man, I thought I was on top of this but I think I took the post down to correct some stuff and never put it back up until now. Anyway...

So we had a pretty metal-tacular day this Saturday, if I do say so myself. The first annual Massachusetts Independent Comics Expo was a smashing success and I had a pretty fun time do in no small part to the wonderful camaraderie of all of the folks there, especially our awesome table neighbors.

To our left the wonderful Mr. Tim Finn, who took the first and last photos in this post. Thanks Tim! (also Tom trying to reconcile the apparently itchy beard/mask combo)


and to to our right the exceedingly hilarious Adam Syzm of Good Show Sir.com and Noah .... (Noah, what's your last name?) whose abstract mini-comic series Decoder Ring is currently rocking my socks.

We also ran into many other familiar faces including fellow RISD Alum Jack Turnbull and CCSer Jen Vaughn, but unfortunately, I am horribly inconsistent and photographically documenting events, so you will just have to take my word for it.

However, in the grand tradition of posting stuff you got at comic conventions on the internet, I did take pictures of all of the fun new books I acquired over the weekend a sampling of which is below:

This was cool anthology of comics centered around a fictional '70s cult film of the same name. Fun format, fun stories. Props to Pat Barrett, Josh Kramer, Betsey Swardlick, and Ben Horak.


I know I'm a little bit slow on the uptake, but Chuck Forsman's Snake Oil was definitely one of favorite purchases of the weekend. I am currently cursing not having bought #4 as he suggested.

Along with comics I did a couple of print trades including these two beauties from Valerie Arruda.

And this jem from Ant the Knee. I am not entirely sure what is going on, but I think that's my favorite part...

So technically this is not from MICE but I am still super excited about it! Tom and I went to Armageddon back in Providence on Sunday to blow all of the money we had made selling comics on records and... more comics.... Anyway, giant anthology of monster comics including Mickey Zachilli, Michael Deforge, CF, and many others...

I did buy/trade/receive many more, but in the interest of keeping the post (relatively) short I will redirect you here were you can see everything else along with links back to the creators websites.

Thanks to Dan Mazur, Shelli Paroline, Braden Lamb and the nice folks at AIB for organizing this shindig, hope to be back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment